So I’ve been thinking about the kind of posts and blogs that I like to read lately. I tend to gravitate towards the ones that are funny, helpful and personal. I like to know what the people I read about really think. On that note, I feel like that may be why Twitter is so successful…if only I could go back in time and invent Twitter. Dammit.
I thought it might be fun for all of you to see the products and things that I use and really love. This is going to be right across the gammet here so we may jump from foods to soaps to people. Maybe you’ll discover a new product that you love or maybe you’ll leave a comment below and I’ll discover something great. I’ve come up with 8 that I’m really into right now but I’ll probably come up with a whole different list in a few months! I’m excited to share, so here we go!
- Dr. Bronner’s Magic Pure Castile Classic Soap - This stuff is some crazy ass goodness. A combination of organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils. You can use it for EVERYTHING! Washing your body, washing your hair, washing your clothes, as a shaving cream, as toothpaste…seriously, you can use it for EVERYTHING! I like it because it’s fair trade, organic and biodegradable. It comes in a bunch of different fragrances but I like the lemon-citrus one. You can get it at various health stores and it’s not crazy expensive. http://www.drbronner.com
- Burt’s Bees lip balm in Honey – Burt’s Bees is fantastic because it’s all natural and you can buy it pretty much everywhere. It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave a gross waxy feel on my lips. There is a whole Burt’s Bees line out but the lip balm is my favourite. http://www.burtsbees.ca
- Brita Bottle Aqua – This is a water bottle with the filter built-in and I love it. It saves something like 300 bottles of water for every one filter, it’s BPA free, recyclable and dishwasher safe. It saves me tons of money and is great for the environment too! I use a green one so if you want to be cool like me, we can match! http://www.brita.com
- Green Grocer Organics – I realize this may seem biased because I am partnered with them but they are legitimately awesome. Fresh organic fruits and vegetables delivered to your door once a week, twice a week, once a month or whenever you need it. I love that unlike other services like this – you can pick and choose what goes into your box. This is often when I try out produce that I’ve never had before. I love getting new flavours and coming up with ways to eat them! Use my partner code PP1530 if you’re interested! http://www.organicfooddelivery.com
- Kris Carr and Marie Forleo – These are two amazing and inspiring women that I one day strive to be in the same room with. Kris Carr is my health guru. I go to her site whenever I need to be motivated or inspired. She is a strong and vibrant cancer survivor with a message of prevention. Marie Forleo is my business guru. She is smart and friggin hilarious and has resources for women in business coming out the ying-yang. I love watching her weekly videos and I love her no-nonsense attitude! Both these ladies rock my socks. http://www.crazysexylife.com and http://www.marieforleo.com
- Vita-mix blender – I don’t technically own this “lexus” of kitchen appliances but I will!! Mark my words! This is the most wonderful blender in the world. You can make 12 fruit smoothies – peels and all, fondue, soups, dips, dressings, you name it! It will run you about $500 so this is not your everyday blender but this is not your everyday blender! http://www.vitamix.com
- Little Green shampoo and body lotion – My lovely, fellow mom friend Ashley introduced me to this brand and I couldn’t be more grateful! It is a line of kids products that are hypoallergenic, clinically and dermatologist tested, contain no allergens or parabens and they smell fantastic! We all know that our skin is our biggest organ so we should try to put only safe products on our children. http://www.littlegreencares.com
- Tiny Devotions Mala Beads – If you are into yoga, meditation or just really pretty jewellery with a positive vibe then these necklaces and bracelets are for you! I discovered this site on another blog and have been drooling over the necklaces for a few weeks now. They’re actually prayer beads but they’re more about spirituality and living in the moment than religion. Each necklace has its own specific intention – for example the African Jade Mala is associated with strength and good luck. They’re really beautiful and I would recommend checking them out! http://www.lovetinydevotions.com
Check out some of these amazing sites and who knows, maybe you’ll find a new favourite of your own! And why not share some of your healthy living favourites with me! I’d love to hear what you love! Share them below, on Facebook @staceygreenliving or on Twitter @staceygliving
As always, high-five like you mean it!
Mad photoshop skills by: http://www.luisapariselli.com